- Chris Hogan with an offensive pass interference call negating a 90 yard completion to Edelman out of the gates
- 5 Patriot fumbles
- Edelman fumbling the ball out of bounds
- Brissett fumbling the ball on Buffalo's 18 yard line trying to secure a first down (Blounts previous run for a first and goal was called back with an Andrews hold.
- Cyrus Jones completely lost on kickoffs
- Gostkowski missing a field goal
- Edelman mugging a punt return
- 9 penalties
Solid Special Teams Play- Fielding punts, covering on kickoffs and making extra points should consume the special teams unit today. While a flashy punt return is exciting to watch, I'll take a few unreturned punts over muffed ones any day of the week. While we all know the importance of getting Gostkowski back on track, trying to do that in Buffalo isn't really ideal. Looking back at previous seasons, he has always struggled in upstate New York.
Adjust Before Halftime- If he were playing, the Patriots would be focused on not letting LeSean McCoy beat them. Well, he's not playing today so who we need to stop is a bit of a mystery which I hope is solved early on.
Contain the Quarterback-Keeping Tyrod Taylor in the pocket is probably what the defensive goal will be today. While it's not sexy to let the opposing quarterback stay upright all game, it does seem to be very effective for Matt Patricia and crew.
Keep Hands to Ourselves- I'm getting sick of the holding calls each week. Looking back at our previous game against the Bills there were way too many penalties which killed any and all momentum we had going for us. A whistle free day for the Patriots would be nice.
Ball Security- It was a focus this week in practice. Hopefully it is reflected on the field today.