- Haskins was thought to be a top 10 pick two years ago. In the end he was selected 15th overall and ended up with the team he grew up rooting for.
- His father appears to be a bit overbearing and overprotective at times. He has a tight family.
- He threw 50 touchdowns in one season at Ohio State. Belichick's buddy, Urban Meyer, was his coach.
Urban Meyer thinks he has what it takes to make in the NFL, but needs some time to adjust. Playing for a team that isn't a perennial loser is also helpful to his development.
- Strengths according to Charlie Campbell at Walter Football:
- Powerful arm
- Can throw a hard fastball into tight windows
- Quality build
- Can push the ball downfield
- Throws a good deep ball
- Able to loft in touch passes
- Has stretches of good accuracy
- Stands tall in the pocket
- Moves his eyes
- Comfortable and patient in the pocket
- Shows good timing
- Lots of upside
I have some thoughts about Cam Newton and a newly available NFL quarterback. You should read them.
CAM NEWTON- Assuming Cam gets tonight's start, I'd like to see him calling the plays more. Personally, I think he would have had a much better season if Josh McDaniels called better games for him. We all can agree that Cam looked pretty bad when he was throwing the ball at guy's feet on 3rd and short. Supposedly he has no trouble making that throw in practice. During games, the pass appeared to be his kryptonite. Of course if you watched the games, the play call always seemed like a really bad idea at the time, so no wonder it didn't work. Regardless of how many times Cam says that Josh called a good game, body language is everything. The body language on most of those 3rd and short passes behind the sticks was easy to read before the ball had even been snapped. All in all, before we decide we are done with Cam, let’s see what he can do with our current roster against a conference foe.
DWAYNE HASKINS- Give the guy a shot. The bad decisions he's made really aren't back compared to most stories you hear in the NFL. Went out and didn't follow the ridiculous NFL rules regarding Covid. Sorry, they are stupid rules and he's a young guy in his 20s. After playing like crap and getting pulled from a game, he didn't show up to his required press conference? I'm sure that really makes him look bad to coach Belichick.
If you enjoyed not suffering through pop-ups or having to pay for a subscription, give me a follow @BOSsportschick and use my links to shop on Amazon. If you have a company and would be interested in advertising, contact me.
OTHER BLOGS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT