- I thought that it was great that Russia poked fun at the Opening Ceremony Olympic ring malfunction during today's Closing Ceremony.
- I don't think that the NHL will be taking time off for the Olympics in the future. Personally, I don't think that they should have a 2 week stoppage of play for the Olympics. If athletes can get permission to play in the Olympic Games written into their individual contracts (unlikely), then that's fine.
- The performance by our speed skating team was probably the most disappointing overall. Not getting any medals after getting 10 (6 in the short track and 4 in long track) in 2010 was a bit of a shock.
- The men's hockey had a lot of highs and lows. Obviously the biggest high was beating the Russians in their house. After that game the Russians struggled in their next two games. Did we take their fight out of them, or were they just really not that good? The way our team got man-handled by Finland in the Bronze medal game made me think that pool B probably wasn't that good and the pool play games may have inflated our expectations a bit.
- The women's game against Canada was just a heart-breaker. We can argue all day over whether we choked or Canada played great in the final minutes of regulation to force overtime, but we can all agree that it was a tough loss to stomach.
- Shawn White not taking home any hardware was also a huge surprise. Maybe he should have waited until after the Olympics to cut off the magic locks.
- I'm extremely glad that all of the Bruins who represented their countries will be coming home injury free.
- I enjoyed the debut of slopestyle in the Olympics and have some other ideas for events which should be considered.
With the Sochi Olympics coming to a halt today, I decided to write some quick thoughts about both this year's Olympic Games and the future Winter Games.
OTHER BLOGS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT