So, who were the big names and what were the big plays? Yes, that picture of Aaron Dobson should have given you a clue. Last time against the Steelers, Dobson hauled in 5 receptions for 130 total yards. While two of those were touchdowns, the 81 yarder was undoubtedly the most memorable. If you want to see the highlights from the game, click here.
In addition to a career day from Dobson, some other Patriots had pretty good days:
- Tom Brady went 23/43 with 4 touchdowns and 432 yards in the air.
- Rob Gronkowski caught 9 passes for 143 yards and a touchdown
- Danny Amendola was the third Patriot to have over 100 yards receiving (4 catches, 1 touchdown, 122 yards)
- Stevan Ridley finished with 115 yards on the ground, 9 through the air, 2 touchdowns, and one controversial fumble.
- Scoring the remaining touchdown was LeGarrette Blount (5 carries, 47 yards)
- With all those touchdowns and the early need for field goals, Stephen Gostkowski led all scorers with 14 points.
So who shined defensively last time?
The team got to and took down Big Ben 5 times.
Rob Ninkovich had a sack and forced a fumble which was recovered by Joe Vellano
Chandler Jones had 2 sacks
Dane Fletcher had a sack
Andre Carter had a sack
Duron Harmon and Devin McCourty both picked off passes
Go watch the highlights and get pumped up. I'll get you today's pregame in a few.