3RD DOWN- One of the things the Chargers are good at is getting their opponents off the field in a hurry. They are currently 4th in the league with causing 3 and outs (22%). Offensively, both teams are pretty equal when it comes to converting 3rd downs in general. The Patriots are ranked 11th with success on 43.65% of their attempts (51.56% away and 45.71% last 3). The Chargers are just above them at 10th with success on 43.75% of their attempts (52.78% home and 36.36% last 3). While this is always a good thing to do, moving the chains at least once should be the goal of Josh McDaniels.
- Gross punting 28th
- Net punting 31st
- Punt returns 27th
- Punt returns allowed 29th
- Kickoff returns 26th
- Kickoff returns allowed 30th
- Field Goals made/attempted 25th
4 THINGS TO CONSIDER-
- Don't make mistakes. We a had a few last week and still managed to win the game. That was a very rare occurrence.
- Watch out for the deep balls to the unknowns. Tyron Johnson has 5 receptions, 4 are for 50+ yards. Jaylen Guyton has 18 receptions with 2 that are 50+.
- Don't put team in must pass situations. While he was limited early in the week, a limited Joey Bosa is still very dangerous.
- Chargers quarterback, Justin Herbert is having a solid rookie season despite the team's record. He has a 105.9 passer rating against the blitz and has 12 passing touchdowns on 3rd down.