- Denver beat the Ravens 19-13 at home. The defense had 2 sacks and 2 interceptions. One interception was brought back for the game winning touchdown.
- Denver beat the Chiefs 31-24 in KC. The defense had 4 sacks, 2 interceptions and 3 fumble recoveries. Another game, another defensive touchdown. This time it was a fumble recovery for a TD.
- Won 24-12 in Detroit. Four sacks, 2 picks and 1 fumble recovery for the defense.
- Beat the Vikings 23-20 with a game winning field goal. Had 7 sacks and 1 fumble recovery.
- Went to Oakland and beat the Raiders 16-10. Had another defensive touchdown off of an interception. Also had 4 sacks and 2 fumble recoveries.
- Barely beat the Browns 26-23. Good thing they had another pick 6. In total, the defense had 2 picks, 1 fumble recovery and 4 sacks.
- Quite possibly the only game they won that couldn't have gone either way. Beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers 29-10 at home. The defense had 3 sacks and didn't get any free possessions.
- Lost to Andrew Luck led Colts in Indy. Only had one sack. While the defense didn't have any turnovers, the special teams unit did score on a punt return. Final score 27-24.
- Lost to the Chiefs at home 29-13. Had 2 sacks on Alex Smith.
- Beat the Bears 17-15 with 2 free possessions (1 interception and 1 fumble recovery). Sacked Jay Cutler 2 times.
- The gimme OT win against the Patriots. The Patriots didn't play well, the umpires officiated poorly and yet Denver only won 30-24 at home. The muffed punt fumble recovery on special teams was key. Defensively, Denver had 3 sacks on Brady.
- Beat the Chargers 17-3. Had a pick 6 to go along with two fumble recoveries and 4 sacks.
- Lost to the Raiders 15-12 and only had one sack. Game was in Denver.
- Lost to Pittsburgh 34-27. Big Ben threw 2 picks and was sacked 3 times.
- Beat the Bengals 20-17 in overtime. Had 2 sacks and a fumble recovery.
- Beat the Chargers by a TD, 27-20. Rivers threw an interception and was sacked 3 times.
- Beat an injured Roethlisberger by a score 23-16. Had 3 sacks and a fumble recovery.
Margin of Victory- +7.31
Margin of Defeat- -7.25
Points over Opponent at home- +3.56
Points over Opponent away- +3
WHO THEY PLAYED-
If you take away the results of each teams' games against the Broncos.......
The teams they lost to are a combined 32-26.
The teams they beat are a combined 90-86
Remove the Patriots record and teams they beat are a combined 78-83
SPECIAL TEAMS- Advantage Patriots. Gostkowski should have no problem making sure kickoffs are unreturnable. Hopefully Matthew Slater is good to go on Sunday and we don't have trouble fielding punt.
DEFENSE- I have faith in Matt Patricia once again. After hearing all this week how the Denver offense didn't do Peyton any favors by dropping the ball, I just have to say that our defense is going to help Peyton out this week by making some catches of their own :) At least with Peyton behind center we don't have to worry about some ridiculous third down runs by the QB. Of course if he "trips" this week, I hope he doesn't get bailed out with a roughing the passer call or allowed to continue on.
If you didn't get a chance to read my post about my theory on how Malcolm Butler got so good, you should check it out.
UMPIRE CREW- For the love of god, win or lose I hope the refs have no effect on the outcome of the game.