- 5 TD
- 1 FG
- 1 missed FG
- 1 fumble which was returned for a TD
- 8 punts
Over the course of the season the Patriots have had 3 and outs on 20% of their drives. The average in the NFL this season is a 3 and out 20.9% of the time. Four of the Patriots' punts after the half have been 3 and outs. So, 25% of the time they start the second half with a 3 and out. Again, this should occur less since the offense has had a chance to make adjustments.
If you were wondering if the other 4 punts came after long drives, sorry to disappoint. Two punts occured after 4 plays and 2 occured after 5 plays.
RANDOM OTHER FACTS-
- 3 of the 3 and outs were at home
- 4 punts were at home
- 2 touchdowns were at home
- both the field goal and missed field goal were at home
- immediately after the half the Patriots' defense has had- 3 TD and 3 FG scored against them, 5 punts (2 3 and outs) and 5 INT