Although they haven't made any moves with the above mentioned players, they have signed 8 players to future contracts.
- OL- Braxton Cave- Bounced around Patriots' practice squad 2013 season.
- T- Jordan Devey- Patriots' practice squad member 2013
- WR- Reggie Dunn- Spent season on Green Bay, Cleveland and Miami practice squads. Has NCAA record for most 100 yard kick returns for touchdowns with 5.
- OL- R. J. Mattes- On and off Patriots' practice squad in 2013
- WR/RB- Sam McGuffie- Originally signed by Oakland, spent two weeks on Arizona practice squad, and was added to Patriots practice squad at the end of December. Started as a true freshman for Michigan before getting his 3rd concussion of the season. Sam would then play the remainder of his college career for Rice. Also a track and field star, McGuffie had a personal best of 10.7 in the 100m, 24'8" in the long jump and 6'6" in the high jump.
- WR- Greg Orton- Spent majority of past 3 seasons on Broncos' practice squad
- LB- Taylor Reed- A few stints on the Cowboys' practice squad in 2013. Signed to Patriots' practice squad at the end of December.
- DL- Marcus Forston- On and of the Patriots' active and practice rosters for the past 2 years. Has appeared in 4 games and accumulated 3 tackles.
Looking at who has been signed, it could be meaningful when looking at which players are about to enter free agency. Of the 7 players, I think Dunn and McGuffie may have the most potential.