Pineda of course did not acknowledge the substance for what it was and said it was dirt.
Today, Pineda decided to try a new hiding spot for his magic dirt. After giving up 2 runs in the 1st inning Pineda suddenly had some brown goop on the side of his neck when he came out for the 2nd. This time Farrell spoke up and the umpires responded.
- It's just for grip on cold weather days
- It makes the game safer
- It doesn't help the pitcher
- Everyone does it
- Farrell shouldn't have said anything
- Lester does it so he better watch out
- Buchholz does it too, so Red Sox fans shouldn't be saying anything