Now the draft that we had been talking about since last autumn came and went without too much excitement over picks. Fans were still waiting for "Trader Danny" to get something amazing accomplished.
Eventually, Ainge made a trade. While the trade didn't really net the Celtics any players, it did help break up the Big Three in Miami. Unfortunately, it enabled the Cavaliers to bring back LeBron James and eventually bring in Kevin Love. So, that trade pretty much backfired. Not to get political, but it seems rather similar to how these terrorist groups seem to crop up after we give them weapons.
Anyway, fast forward back to early this week when the hamsters in my head were running on the wheel. While it looks like the Red Sox are going to bounce back next season after having a crappy year, the same can not be said for the Celtics. Instead, it looks like we are in for another year of cellar dweller NBA basketball in New England.
Now, back to my brilliant plan:
- Rondo is now hurt and will be out to start the season
- The Celtics will not do very well with all of the young players
- Eventually, Rondo will get traded to a contender who is in desperate need of a highly skilled point guard
- In desperate need for a point guard the other team with make the trade without Rondo signing an extension
- The Celtics may get a decent player in the trade
- The Celtics get a better lottery pick this season
- Rondo likes the lineup Ainge is able to put together and gets paid, of course it's not near what he thought he would get when he insisted on becoming a free agent last winter.