FIELD CONDITIONS- The field the game was played on was not suitable for a game. As a matter of fact the sod was torn out the morning following the game. I wrote about this last year.
NO GRONK- Gronk was not on the active roster that day, so the roster we fielded was not high powered.
- The opening kickoff was returned to the NE 40
- From his own 15 Ryan Allen had a 49 yard punt which was returned for 13 yards......so first and 10 on the New England 49. This ball was fumbled on the return, but the Titans maintained possession.
- Gostkowski missed a 52 yard field goal giving Tennessee the ball at midfield.
- Allen punts 42 yards from New England's 13 yard line. Another muffed punt that the Patriots did not gain possession of. Instead it was returned for 12 yards and we had a 5 yard penalty. First and 10 on the NE 37.
OFFENSE WAS PREDICTABLE AND BAD-
- 3/15 on third down
- First possession to start the game Brady has a 44 yard completion to Josh Gordon. Throws the next 3 pass to Gordon and the Patriots settle for a field goal.
- 40 yards rushing for the game
- 4 3 and outs
- A 3 and out to start the 2nd half
- Down 27-10 midway through the 4th and 1 False Start on Cannon. Had to go for it. Tennessee ball 1st and 10 on their 42.
- 2 false starts by the Patriots' offense
DEFENSIVE PENALTIES AND CHUNK PLAYS-
- Gilmore had 2 pass interference penalties on the Titans' second possession. Only one was accepted (16 yards) because the other was on a touchdown reception.
- The Patriots gave up 8 offensive plays which were at least 20 yards.
- After a 29 yard completion the Titans fumbled the ball. Of course it went out of bounds and the Titans had possession at the Patriots' 20 yard line.