- Don't allow CJ Spiller to return any kickoffs by kicking the ball through the end zone every time.
- Weather should make this easy as there will be very little wind.
- Spiller has taken one to the house and averages 35.9 yards per return.
- If you take out the 102 yard touchdown run, he still averages 24.8 yards per return.
- Kick it through the end zone and don't give him any chances.
- It is the Patriots' strength
- It opens up the passing game
- Buffalo's defense is overrated
- The Patriots were leading the league in most 3 and outs heading into last week and seemed to take care of business last week, this needs to continue.
- The Bills have held their opponents to 31.8 efficiency on 3rd down conversions (2nd best in league).
- Patriots need to avoid 3 and outs to give defense a rest and keep Buffalo fans out of the game.
AVOID DUMB PENALTIES-
- No penalties pre-snap.
- No penalties after the whistle.
- No offensive holding plays when the play is going the other direction (unless of course you are stopping an obvious sack).
- Start with play calls that the active players can be effective with (this includes the offensive line).
- Don't try to outsmart the Bills' defense.
- If we win the coin toss, take the ball and give the team the opportunity to play ahead.