- Stop T.Y. Hilton- The 5'9" second year wide receiver plays a game very similar to Julian Edelman. With RB Ahmad Bradshaw and WR Reggie Wayne on the IR, Hilton is the playmaker for the Colts. On Saturday he caught 13 passes for 224 yards and two touchdowns against the Chiefs.
- Keep Andrew Luck inside the numbers- He's not afraid to run and puts up some pretty good numbers once he gets outside.
- Run the ball- The Colts' defense ranked 26th against the run. The Patriots' offense ranked 9th and could have easily ranked much higher if Josh McDaniels would have gone to it earlier in the season. As of now the forecast looks like we may be getting some precipitation on Saturday, all the more reason to run it.
- Play 4 quarters- This is something we haven't seen yet this year, but there is no time like the present. Had the Chiefs played 4 quarters, the Colts would be sitting at home.
- Play smart football- It's no secret that Bill Belichick has the highest football IQ. With that, his teams typically have a better understanding of the game and game situations than their opponents. Although playing smart football means you have situational awareness on the field, it also means not getting dumb penalties (yeah, I'm talking to you Talib).
5 KEYS TO BEATING THE COLTS
Last time the Patriots played the Andrew Luck led Indianapolis Colts the Patriots defense and special teams combined for 3 touchdowns. That was last year. Here are my 5 keys for the Patriots walking away with another victory against their former rivals.
Leave a Reply.
OTHER BLOGS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT